Summer is approaching and that means BBQ season is around the corner! The first time I made this was for our new house inauguration BBQ last June! The ladies, their husbands and babes all loved it! That’s when you know you’ve got a hit! This yummy rice salad side dish is sure to become a hit at your next BBQ!
The secret ingredient that makes it so unique and delicious:
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 cups of cooked rice (I used basmati, but you can use any kind of rice, even brown rice to make it healthier!)
- 1 ripe mango (cut up into small cubes)
- Half of a red onion (chopped into small cubes)
- 3/4 cup chopped parsley
- The juice of 2 lemons
- 2 tbs of olive oil
- A pack of cherry red tomatoes (use more or less to your liking)
- 1 can of corn (drained)
- 1 can of red beans (drained and rinsed)
Start off by cooking your rice. Once it’s cooked, place it in a big bowl and let it cool while you chop your vegetables!
Once your rice has cooled, drizzle the 2 tbs of olive oil over it and mix it together. Your rice may have dried a little by now, the olive oil will moisten it up!
Add in the ingredients one by one.
Here is my rice, covered in red onions and parsley!
Add in the tomatoes, can of corn and yummy mango! This is when your rice salad really starts to get some festive summer colors!
Cut your two lemons in half and squeeze the juice in there:
The lemon juice will moisten the rice and give it a summery flavor!
Add in your red beans and mix it all together!
Serve and enjoy!