This is a recipe that I often bring to get togethers when I don’t have the time to make anything else!
It ALWAYS gets rave reviews, and people are usually surprised with how easy it comes together! Its a great snack, or quick lunch, and is full of nutrients
The secret ingredient? Yoghurt!
Switching out all mayo, and sour cream from our food has done wonders for our diets! I find that I put yoghurt in almost everything these days! A good greek yogurt is best, but you can use whatever plain yoghurt you can find.
Heres what you need:
- Shredded chicken, or all white meat chunk chicken from a can (one can, drained and fluffed with a fork) . Its actually surprisingly delicious in this recipe, and cuts down on the prep time
- Plain Yoghurt
- Honey Mustard (Or honey, and dijon)
- Half a granny smith apple, diced
- Chopped Pecans (I omitted this time because i didn’t have any on hand)
- Sandwich roll, pita bread, wrap, etc (optional)
- Swiss cheese (optional0
- Spring greens (optional)
Mix together your chicken, diced apple, Pecans and Craisens( a handful of each).
Add a heaping spoonful of yoghurt, just enough to wet all the ingredients, and about a table spoon of honey mustard.
Mix well with a fork, taste, and add salt, pepper, or more mustard to your liking.
Pile it all on a sandwich roll with a slice of swiss and some spring greens!
Or serve it with a spoon and some crackers. Or in a wrap with cheddar and tomatoes. Or spread on a buttered toasted bagel!
The possibilities are endless, as this is one chicken salad recipe you won’t feel guilty indulging in!
Enjoy my friends!